Hey, how’s it going? Maybe it’s because March is the first month of the year without any national holidays, but it’s always been a long difficult month to get through. And this year’s March is no different — I’m just so tired!
But in a way it also means I’ve just been doing a lot this month. In addition to housesitting for my parents to stepping up in my running and meditation routines, things have also picked up a lot in terms of work. Because of that, I haven’t been able to write as many poems or read much in general. C’est la vie! (Fun fact: Growing up I thought the saying was “Sailor V” for the longest time. So gay! 💁🏽♂️)
Here are some of the things I did this month:
- 📱 10 new photo/poem posts in my public Instagram account.
- 🏃♂️ Ran 40.6 miles (average 3.12 miles per run) this month, up from 32.2 in February.
- 🧘🏻♂️ Meditated 27 days in February (average 23 minutes per session), up from 24 days in February.
- 🕰 Kept up with my 16-hour intermittent fasting habit to help give my body a chance to reset. Up from 13-hour in February.
- 📷 Here are some of the photos I took in March (link should be viewable in any browser)
- Coffee and Walk with Jessica
- Impromptu lunch with Tommy and Judy
- Movie with Priscilla and Ian
Here are the things I enjoyed and would recommend this month:
- 📺 TV: Jujutsu Kaisen (HBO Max). Ian really likes this show and there’s a new movie out, so we watched this 24-episode season in preparation for the movie. You’ll love this show if you’re into amazing fight scenes, high school tournaments, and beautiful Japanese animation, of course. If you love Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, or even Yu Yu Hakusho, you already love this show.
- 🎬 Movie: Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (YouTube Trailer). The movie is technically a prequel to the aforementioned tv show, but you don’t absolutely need to know everything as the movie is fairly stand alone. That said, this movie is awesome and it was the perfect first movie to watch in a theater since the before times.
- 🎤 Podcast: Wild Things: Siegfried & Roy (Apple Podcast). Before there was Joe Exotic and Tiger King, there were only Siegfried and Roy. This 8-episode podcast for sure detailed their rise to fame and impact in pop culture history, but it also reminded me just how much scrutiny they had to endure regarding their sexuality in a way that simply wouldn’t fly today.
- 🎧 Music: Songs of Disappearance (Apple Music) Now for something completely different: This is an album of birdsongs featuring some of Australian’s most threatened species. I normally go for long walks on days I’m not running, and sometimes it’s just… nice to put this on to complement my otherwise quiet scenic walks.
- ▶️ YouTube Sundries:
I’m still working on Peach Blossom Spring by Melissa Fu, recommended by Book of the Month Club (a bday gift from my friend Rebecca). Please reply and LMK if you have a book recommendation for me! I’m currently trying to read more fiction.
🤔 A Moment Worth Pondering: Close your eyes and imagine a place you want to go. Where is this place and what is it like there? Is the air cold, warm, dry, or humid? Who is there with you, or are you by yourself? What do you want to do there, and how does this place make you feel?
And that’s about it for the month of March! I hope it’s interesting for you as it was nice for me to recap for the month. What are you up to and how are you doing? Let me know what you’ve been up to please — it seriously makes my day 🙂
Please also share this newsletter if you think other people can benefit from it! They can also subscribe to the newsletters directly below.